Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer


For a quick update,

Summer 2012 is turning out to be quite the adventure. Starting with a much needed, calm week at home with my parents in Chattanooga, to 400 miles in 4 weeks on the Appalachian trail with Daystar, my older sister, and now summer camp! I am currently working at Camp ABC part of the Fresh Air Fund in NYC. I just finished my first session, which was an absolute blast! Its been a transition going from Camp Bob, the summer camp I worked at last year, to ABC - mainly because Camp Bob was a 5 day, co-ed camp and ABC is 12 day, all girls camp. Both are great, but in different ways. I feel like I am finally getting into the swing of things at camp - learning the fastest routes from my village, "Trails End," to the farm, dining hall and waterfront,  that the vegetarian option at the dining hall is a good choice, campstead time really means naptime, how to build a quick campfire, face paint never comes off as fast as you want it to, and so forth. Overall, I am loving it. Just trying to treasure every moment because before I know it will be time to fly home.

On a side note, my friends and I have created a blog for while we are abroad around the world from our beloved Sewanee. A few have begun to post as they are preparing to depart from the states to their exotic locations. Feel free to follow us here.


No comments:

Post a Comment